The Museum House “Nikola Vaptsarov” is the first museum in Bansko and one of the first museums in the Pirin region. The museum is located in the center of Bansko, next to the central square and near the municipality.
The museum is dedicated to Nikola Vaptsarov (1909 – 1942) – an anti-fascist poet, who lived in the house where the museum is accommodated after 1912. The museum expositions present an ethnographic collection for the poet’s life from his childhood to his death. The award by the World Peace Committee which was granted to Vaptsarov after his death in 1952 is also exposed here.
Films for Vaptsarov in English, French, German and Russian language are presented on the first floor of the museum. And on the second floor you can trace the life of Nikola Vaptsarov after his enrolling in the Naval Machines School in Varna by the rich documentary and pictures that are presented. “Motor songs” is the only poetry collection by Vaptsarov issued during his lifetime and this peace of art is also presented at the museum.